02/03/2012

Lighting

Here I have created a cliff face which my final glider will take off from.


I created a sea which backs onto the cliff face. To do this I made a simple box in the shape of a rectangle for the cliff face which I then changed into an editable poly to change the vertices so it looked like a cliff edge. i then duplicated the cliff edge which I then moved up a small amount to make the grass top which I then added grass material to the top and a cliff face texture to the bottom.

Once I had done this I had to create a sea. for this I made a plane and then in the material editor I used simple mapping techniques like bump and reflection to create the sea texture. For the colour I changed the ambient, diffuse and specular colour settings to different shades of blue going from a dark ambient blue to a light specular blue. To get the reflection off the water I added to simple target spot lights to the model which when rendered gave me a light reflection off the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment